Mr. David S. Young, Director - Engineering and Technology
Dr. Young has over 39 years of experience in engineering, marketing, and joint business ventures in the Unites States and China. In the first 18 years of his career, Dr. Young worked as mechanical engineer in the petroleum industry at Houston, Texas and has accumulated board knowledge as well as hands on experience in various aspects of the petroleum industry. From 1993 to present, he has involved in the international trades, sales contract negotiations, exclusive sales agency and joint business ventures in China. He also has extensive experience in international trade financing.
His professional experience includes the following:
Seaward Enterprises, Co-founder and President, Houston, Texas and Beijing, China
• Reviewed inquiries, selecting vendors and preparing quotations for the sales of mechanical and electrical equipment to the petrochemical companies in the People's Republic of China; Company sales grew at 30% a year reaching $10M dollars a year.
• Traveled extensively to China to present bid packages and/or make sales calls; successfully negotiated several multi-million dollar contracts.
• From 1999 to 2003, company represented exclusively Zeppelin Silo-und Apparatetchnik GmbH of Germany in China. Sales grew to $10M per year within 5 years; Actively managed company Beijing sales office
• Set up three (3) business joint ventures in China.
Stress Engineering Services, Inc., Principal and Senior Partner, Houston, Texas
• Led client engagement projects and consulted over three (3) hundred projects in the petroleum industry.
• Performed experimental and analytical studies of pressure vessels, heat exchanger, and other process equipment according to the rules of ASME B&PV Codes.
• Authorized over 120 proprietary reports and published 12 technical papers.
• Lectured on API and ASME codes and standards numerous times in Taiwan and China.
• Received the Petroleum Engineer Innovation Award (1983) for a patented design of long stroke oil well pumping unit.
Gray Tool Company, Application Engineer, Houston, Texas
• Designed small pressure vessels and pipe clamping connections in accordance with the ASME Nuclear Pressure Vessel Codes.
• Designing and testing of high-pressure wellhead equipment.
• Performed the first in-house computer-aided analysis when the technology was just becoming available to the industry.
• Certificate on Management Program, Rice University
• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston
• M.S. in Aerospace Engineering and engineering mechanics, University
of Texas at Austin
• B.S. in Naval Architecture, Taiwan Maritime University, Taiwan
Dr. Young speaks Chinese and English, and has extensive cross cultural experience.